Social Networking

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Google+ Flickr YouTube FourSquare

January 13, 2011

7th Jan 2011

Checked out of hotel at 9:50am. Took the limited express Haruka train to Kansai airport. Passing the big blue bay and blue sky was a beautiful view, could be the best relaxing way to travel to the airport. We decided to place all four luggages at storage point for ¥1,400 (flat rate meaning all day till 21:00 at least. Talk about cheap rate.
In Kansai airport the main building, we browsed level 2 & 3 retail shops and restaurants. So hard to resist a hakyu yen store, even a small one in Kansai airport. Ended up purchasing neck scarf and Hello Kitty letter set. Sis picked up hair clip, earring, hair tie, and plastic mirror stickers. Plenty of souvenir stores. One toy shop. Three book shops.
We had tonkatsu and yakitori for lunch at Kyk tonkatsu place (¥2,430).
I've found a sky shuttle bus to observatory hall. ¥100 per person. Only to miss the observatory hall and end up in boring Aero plaza because we exited the bus too early. Which is a big lobby for Nikko Kansai Airport Hotel. Sigh.
For afternoon snack, Sis had traditional bowl of green tea ice cream, while I had 白玉抹茶アイスクリーム at 浪華Nani Hana (¥850).
After 2pm people can smoke in cafes and restaurants. Ugh! We took a bet on boarding gate area to find dinner. Guess what? It was a good risk. We found a non-smoking Japanese restaurant. I had eel on rice set meal. Sis had a bowl of beef udon with egg plus a plate of fried chicken. Ah. My stomach is so full, I need not worry about ordering food on Jet Star. Wicked.
Hermes, Bvlgari, Cartier, Tiffany, and Salvtore Frag... were out of my willing price range, even if it is duty free. Burberry was okay but boring styles on display. Anna Sui make up was found in three duty free shops. Nice. So nice, I had purchased a limited edition lip gloss case and mini perfume set. Samantha Thavasa brand of tote bags was there too. My hands were full. Next time I will leave some purchases until boarding time. I can save from ¥1,000-3,000. lol.
8th Jan 2011
Sis has been on four domestic flights and three international ones yet she keeps forgetting international flight check-in versus domestic flight check-in. Also when I say I like to prepare my documents, it doesn't mean I will do that while I'm walking at the same time plus holding two heavy bags and a trolley. Nuts. I told her to go first and she chickened out. We are already in Australia for god sake. How scary can it be? Argh.
Very disappointing that Vodafone 3G network in Cairns is weak. I'm trying to read up on my tweets. So far my VF balance shows $550 for international roaming. Sigh. Such as life. If only roaming was deregulated by now.
Bro has my flight itinerary, so why text me during quarter way into my international flight, that he wants a cat statue which was already available in any China town in Australia. Nuts.
Running low on battery for both iPhone and Kensington portable charger. The power point sockets in Cairns were duds. Dang!