Social Networking

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Google+ Flickr YouTube FourSquare

January 13, 2011

27th Dec 2010

7am. Argh. I'm trying to avoid peak hour trains but I falter at the stage of waking up early. Smart aren't I? I'm suppose to wake up 6am but I slapped the snooze button. Better luck next time.
We have boarded Shinkansen Hikari Rail Star "silent carriage" meaning no talking, no mobile phoning, and no music leaking from headphones. Which is fine with me. Also less munching too. Dang! LoL. Oh well.
Off to Hiroshima. There is a shrine that I wanted to see in particular. Itsukushima Shinto Shrine was beautiful. Classic Japanese styles everywhere. Yay!
Miyajima ropeway was amazing and breath taking. Bay views. One transfer stop.
Shishiiwa observation deck was spectacular. You can learn to bake mini autumn leaf shaped cakes. Watch a video about the area. Go for a hike. Stare at other islands. I think in summer, snow, or cherry blossom season the views would be different too. Sigh. I have never had a vacation in March. Would be beautiful if I did.
Hiroshima has a lot to offer in food stakes too. Sis has beef bun and I had eel bun (¥250). I ate sponge cake in the shape of maple leaf shape with green fillings (¥80). fish cake with lotus root was oiishi. Sis has fish cake with cheese flavor (¥300). lol.
The video and postcard says in August there will be fireworks on show. um. make me think about future holidays. There is ryokan here in the city centre. I might stay there next time.