Social Networking

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Google+ Flickr YouTube FourSquare

January 13, 2011

24th Dec 2010

Our first endeavor was to visit Daiso Hakyu yen store in Shin Osaka. Quite the long windy walk for five blocks away. It is housed on a second main street. In Osaka station a lady asked me to help her take photo of her and her friend in front of a rotating snowman display with a KDDI flip phone. Twice I kept getting shots of the snowman's back side. Dang! They were semi happy with the results. Off to Daimaru basement in search of food sampling, snack, travel meal packs. Off to Pokemon centre on 13th floor. It was so so la. I was hoping for some activity of some sort. Nope. Then again it only opened back in October 2010. We had lunch at Trattoria Arlecchino in Daimaru 14 floor. Yummy. Top notch service and tasty large serving dishes.

I need to remind myself, to exit via number B1 or 11 from Namba's subway. Goal is to reach Takashimaya dept store. Oh yes! Dang! It has Q-pot jewelry only. Oh well. I prefer mobile phone accessories, such as charms or straps. What can I say? I love mobiles. Shopped at favorite stores. Tsutaya, Sanrio Gallery, H&M, Tokyu Hands, Yodobashi. Snacked on raspberry ice cream mochi. Tried the strawberry "3 sweet ring" donut in ice mochi style. It was not delicious. Kinda slimy.

1st floor = ikkai
2nd floor = nikai
Next = tsugi
Stopping = tomarimasu
Transfer = norikaeru
Japanese music website www.music.jp

I still find it funny, once you are in a toilet, a little machine would make running water noise to provide privacy. It is so loud my tinititus rings. Mind you not all toilet auto flush and have heated seats.