Social Networking

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Google+ Flickr YouTube FourSquare

April 18, 2020

April 2020

The cold chill has kick in and my gutter cannot handle the heavy rain coming down on the house.

We are now onto the second month of Stage 3 lockdown. Where you are only out if it falls under the four activities: shopping for supplies, medical appointment, work, or education if necessary. Otherwise be fined $1625.

Currently, there is no vaccine to date and no exit strategy. One thing that has changed is non-Asians have come to wear masks while they are out and about. At least, they stopped being judgemental towards Asians who do wear a mask.

Meanwhile, I have been working from home for a while now. I only go out for exercise and shopping. We have to go back and forth to get supplies since supermarkets have restricted purchases one to two basic items only. This is due to the panic bulk buying that took place earlier in March 2020. My MacAir has been a work horse since mid March. It does everything from answering enquiries to video chats with work colleagues.

I have come to appreciate my local parks more. However, I cannot be out there for long periods of time. I do try to keep in touch with all my friends just so they don't feel left out. This lockdown is a form of isolation or prison like living for single people who live alone and kicked out of a job, because their employer cannot afford to hold onto the staff during this lockdown period.

People who have corona virus have been found to still have it even after 14 days and after recovery if they have received treatment. This containment method only serves to slow down the spread of it, but it doesn't get rid of it.


- - - - -





 


No comments :