Social Networking

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Google+ Flickr YouTube FourSquare

January 12, 2020

January 2020

The year 2019 has ended, but much of the confusion at work continues. I did one more internal job interview in this new year, and then from here on I will focus on shifting to another industry. Since there will be more IT, event, exhibition, and marketing staff than there are of in terms of library technicians and librarians in cultural institutions. So, unless you become a coordinator of some sort of project your services are no longer needed. Worst part it isn't automation taking your job away, it is so called "budget" or as some say "misuse of budget". Which ever way it goes, I need to plan studies that will further my career and help me remain employable.

The bush fires were intense and damaging to all. For several days the haze would cover the city. People decided to stay away from the city and remain home because of the constant bad air quality.  One evening the clouds carried ash from the bush fires, and came down through rain,  by morning Victoria was covered in brown powder. Meanwhile, postage services in Canberra was suspended for a week or two. Then there was the news of Coronavirus outbreak.

I caught a bad cold from a tourist who had coughed at my sister and I on Swanston Street. Trying to recover is the hard part with this heat, coordinating repairs, and teaching work colleagues legacy work practices.

I have yet to sign up to driving lessons.



No comments :