Social Networking

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Google+ Flickr YouTube FourSquare

August 02, 2018

July 2018

I totally forgotten about July 2018. There is so much things happening and needing to be done, that I neglected to blog in July.

Here is a few quick things that I have learnt in July:

My sister cannot stand crowds, it freaks her out, so bad, that she calls people names to comfort herself. Especially at Pokemon GO app's community day, of all days. I feel she has become socially awkward over the years and I probably, never noticed it. Anyhow, when you get older, you should be more comfortable with yourself and the world around you. No need to call people names. When in doubt ask questions instead.

When you work in the public sector, expect to be stuck in a rut. There are staff who cannot see beyond your existing role. Face it, no matter how much you up sell or explain yourself to people, they will always assume you have no skills, no experience, and no knowledge to work in their division. Quite territorial really. I wonder, where do people learn these skills? Through god? Did they expect YouTube videos to train their staff? Most of the skill sets required is learnt on the job type. Do I need to work in small library in order to get these "learned on the job skills"? Um. I'm beginning to think so.

Staff ignore work when it is not in front of their face or on their personal desk. Why? It all comes down to mobility, or less of it, staff begin to disregard work spaces that are far away and "all too time consuming" to reach. Resulting in pile up of work.

Why do emails go unanswered is due to poor UI design and staff not being attentive. When you have multiple inboxes, it is easy to miss emails, even if Microsoft Outlook UI offer "All Mail" for unread emails. Staff need prompts and unread email digits to appear next to inboxes in the one area. I wonder if Zendesk is any better?

Online learning is not a new horizon, it has been around for many years now, but I am just beginning to scratch the surface of what it takes to organise a workshop online through PiCS. Fascinating stuff. Who would have thought to use reverse engineering within education itself. Food for thought. I hope that I get a chance to run workshop before the year ends.

The bandages on mys hand finally came off. I am free once more. Yay!


- - - - -































No comments :