Social Networking

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Google+ Flickr YouTube FourSquare

June 25, 2018

June 2018

It has been a month since 26th May 2018 when I had my first major accident. I fell off my kick scooter while going down a steep hill. I cannot recall whether it was a tumble or down right smack into the asphalt. All I recall was me, putting left left out to perform a manual break and waking up on the ground. Feeling a dizzy and my vision was blurry. A stranger asked if I was okay. I replied weakly, "I guess so", and we moved my kick scooter away from the bike bath. It was suggested that I ring my family and I am like, okay, I will. My sister was the nearest person I can depend on, as I remember seeing her tweet saying she is close by and eating something. I rang her and told her I have no recollection which street I am on. She used a tracking software and found me in 15 minutes. The air was getting icy cold. I cracked open a heat pack and placed in my pocket. I started ripping band-aids and sticking them onto the wounds on my hands. I only place I noticed a great deal of blood. I can feel my face swollen and sides hurt.

Upon reaching home I and having had dinner. Mom treated my bruises above the hip bone, knees, face, and shoulders. My hands would curly up and shaking. They were in great pain. I felt dizzy and soon tired, and I slept instantly.

The very next day I went to RMH trauma unit to perform a CT scan. The doctor was shocked that I didn't call the ambulance. I said I was not thinking straight. I was in a daze and feeling cold. Apparently, I had no broken bones, the spine was intact, just soft tissue damages at various spots. I have inflamed blood vessels. I was discharged with mild concussion and advised to stay off my feet for 24 hours, to avoid the chance of another fall.

My acupuncturist said he would perform any treatment on me until the inflamed blood vessels have resolved itself. To avoid infection and causing problem for injured area. While my chiropractor found my spine to be off alignment. She stated the injuries were profound for such a fall. I am thankful I alive. But who would ever think, we can die from sports activity.

The first two weeks was painful whenever I change the bandages on my hand. Salt water, saline, alcohol, and spray bandage all burn my open wounds. I decided to buy various band aids to help my wound heal but not stick to the bandaid, and for extra coverage, I used sport tape bandage cover the brown bandaids. It worked a treat and I can put my hands in my jacket pockets once more. Also, I could not hold my chopsticks and wrap my hands around forks or spoons. I felt lost. I need to re-train myself. I still cannot properly open bottle lids with my right hand. I drink from flip lid water bottles. When people try to hand me their photocopy cards, I would somehow drop them.

A challenged indeed.

On top of that I have a root canal treatment done at the same time. Trying not to depend on pain killers. Instead I turn to Pokemon Go app. The ability to have friends and trade pokemon was upon us.

A new challenge indeed.

- - -





































No comments :