Social Networking

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Google+ Flickr YouTube FourSquare

April 07, 2019

April 2019

Started my introductory training on family history research as a patron and as a staff member. It ain't easy and there may not be a clear cut answer. There are so much inherent hidden information and legal restrictions. Social events influence what sort of information are collected on individuals.


I finally gave in and purchased Apple AirPods 1.5 and I was astonished to find it can connect to Apple TV. For my family that would be a god send, as we have one member who enjoys watching videos with full volume can use the AirPods without disturbing the rest of the house. Yay! The real benefit for me is the ability to switch between laptop and iPhone with a tap of a finger. Previous bluetooth headphones can also switch, but they drop out and sometimes don't pair up again, and by the time you do the battery would deplete. 


My home has mice infestation. My brother and sister bought mouse traps, poison, and pellets. They place them on the side of door ways and under their bed. While mother created her own box trap and lays in the middle of the room. I went and purchased 1 traditional mouse trap, 2 snappers and placed peanut butter in the center, and one tiny box mouse trap. I placed mine along the walls where the mouse was last seen running to and from rooms. Hopefully one of them catches them.


What adults do not understand is the hours between 6pm and 9pm is my free time. When you ask me to give time slot up for you, it better be for something worthwhile. But if it involves burning a hole in my wallet. Then no way. Life is more than pouring money down the drain to just feel “fun”.
Pokemon Go (game) may consume much of that time slot, the game itself uses very little internet data and doesn’t cost money to play. The poke balls are free, the incubator is free, and the raid pass is free. You only get one free raid pass a day and the incubator has infinite use. What's not to like? You can play solo or in a group with strangers or friends. Also, each week the company runs different events and challenges. Strangely enough, while I am playing the game, I come up ideas for my work and home.

Life has hit a new low. My career progression is on hold. On 30th April my team has told we do not exist in the new organisation chart. In addition, each one of us was told their roles are no longer continued within the organisation. The new organisation chart has only two NEW library technician roles in the new team. Yet there are 6 of us who are library technician. They are pretty much asking us to compete for the positions.
---











No comments :