Social Networking

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Google+ Flickr YouTube FourSquare

February 06, 2006

我終於放棄 AMES 及 CENTRELINK

Sometime it is hard to let go of a good thing. For example, Centrelink.

We all must grow up and support ourselves. I have been on Centrelink support since i was a child under my mom's account (she was a single mother). Then by the time i was 16, i was on Austudy (hence before renamed to Youth Allowance). After unsuccessful attempts at finding work i sought help from Centrelink and was allocation to job network, AMES. After 6 month of unemployment i was sent to Lady Growie Childcare, who has a wonderful support team and has great training facilities. Robinson Reserve Neighbourhood House was a wonderful environment for new staff and community helpers, playgroups, and childcare. Job Co is another work for the dole organisation who provide various activities in Brunswick. Skill West Link is another work for the dole organisation who does its best despite distance in location (Broadmeadows) to assist work for the dole particpants. Thank you all. However, i'm ready for a serious career action plan and apply for real HELP DESK or LIBRARY jobs.

I discontinue to dabble in job search training, applying for jobs only because it has the FULL TIME title written on its advertisement, and work for the dole. When Lady Growie arranged an appointment for me with Yola from RRNH and Yola asked me, "do you have passion for childcare?" I couldn't lie. I said, "no but i can try". She that won't do. She can see clearly i'm uninterested in such role. She is right about that one. In the end I did my best to handle other people's children as they are precious future beings. In addition, I did office administration and computer maintenance for RRNH with cheerfulness. However, i keep her words fresh in my mind, to continue a job you don't care about is a waste of life. That made me realise i should pursue work that supports my interest.

Also i found it very difficult to attend morning appointments with AMES as i work at nights and i don't get home until 11 or 12 midnight. I cannot wake up for 9:30am appointments or work for the dole programs, and be expected to juggle my part time job. Even if my part time job is mediocre to many people because my job is classified under CALL CENTRE. My job entails THINKING and lots of it mind you, we think on spot, we apply our latest knowledge (updated every two months) and experience, we tailor our language to clients level, and we use various programs to troubleshoot each call. My job title is ADSL BROADBAND TECHNICAL SUPPORT. Hence the name then you know this job is NOT TELEMARKETING. I know to many people 5 hours on the phones is nothing but my job is not selling it is a THINKING JOB! I am amazed how my teachers and fellow classmates can put up with me and i love them all very much. AMES needs to know i found that ADSL BROADBAND TECHNICAL SUPPORT JOB myself and i'm proud of myself. Sure it is part time hours but i fought very hard to impress in the telephone and face to face interviews, plus numerous job tests that comes with this ADSL BROADBAND TECHNICAL SUPPORT JOB.

I may sound angry but i'm not, AMES has being half supportive, facilities wise anyway, but not great at supporting my grand interest or courage in seeking roles in computers or library industry.

I have reported such stuff to Centrelink headquarters but i feel the easiest way to deal with this is to give up. I am gonna try my best out there on my own. That is why today i had cancelled my New Start Allowance account.

No comments :